Thursday, October 2, 2008

Yummy Dessert :)

Here's one of my new favorite recipes! I made it this summer while I was at home and I forgot to post it so I decided to today! It's got lots of yummy goodness in it and you should try and tell me what you think!

Oreo Ice Cream Dessert:
1/2 C. butter
1 1/2 C. flaked coconut
1 large pkg. oreo cookies
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream

Chocolate Sauce:
1 C. evaporated milk
1 6 ounce package chocolate chips
10 ounce package of mini marshmallows

1. Melt the butter - add coconut (stirred & toasted). Remove from heat and cool.
2. Crush oreos in blender. Add coconut mixture and blend. Pat 3/4 of the mixture into the bottom of the pan.
3. Cut the ice cream into 1 inch slices and cover cookie mixture. Chill in freezer.
4. Pour cooled chocolate sauce on top of ice cream and put remaining crumbs on top. Freeze for at least 2 hours.
5. Eat it!!

Mmmm now I really want to make it for me to eat! :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

yum...I want a whole pan to myself...

Emily said...

That would take me longer to make than eat around here. The family wouldn't be able to get enough. YUM!