Sunday, July 11, 2010

Fourth of July

I have always loved the fourth of July celebrations with the fireworks, BBQ's, time spent with family, etc. But I think from here on out it will take on a new meaning for me. With Spencer joining the Army this past winter, every time I think about anything involving the military it just makes me cry! I have grown such a deep appreciation for the men and women that are all over the world fighting for our country. I really does take a lot of courage to give up your own life for a greater cause. And it also has a tremendous effect on the families of those individuals.

I can't help but think about when Spencer will be deployed in a few years and how difficult it will be without him here. But there are people that do it everyday so it gives me the extra strength to know that when that day comes, I will be able to do it too. Never in a million years did I think I would have a husband that would be in the military, but things happen and I am proud of him for going this route, although it probably scares him to death.

It will be an adventurous experience for us in the next ten years, that's for sure. But as long as we have faith in the Lord and continue to do what he asks of us, we can have peace that everything will work out as planned. Thank goodness we have the gospel.

I know it's late... but happy Independence Day!

No comments: