Sunday, November 25, 2012

Ensenada

The day we were in Ensenada just happened to be the same day that the Baja 1000 was beginning right  next to the port.  TONS of off-roading vehicles were lining up getting ready race.  It was so loud and there were sooo many people and vendors lining the streets.  
We walked around the vendors for a little while, then continued in a different direction to get away from all the crowds.  I have no idea who these people are, but they must be important enough to have a humongous statue of their heads in the middle of the city.
I don't think I have ever seen a flag as large as this one.
As we got closer to the port, they had some butcher shops along the road.  I would have taken this guy home for sure.
It smelt rather fishy! :/
These gentlemen were collecting money outside the not so public bathrooms.  Apparently it isn't free there.
These guys were pretty funny to watch for a little bit.
This big statue was built from bones from probably a whale or something.  I remember reading where they were from, but I honestly can't remember.  It was pretty cool though!
Spencer was such a good sport about not being able to get off the boat.  He usually slept until we got back from our adventures.
This is the only picture I have of our room.  As you can tell, my stuff pretty much dominated the vanity area.
Our cruise ship had a mini golf course and water slides on the top.  It was too cold to use the water slides (although some people were crazy and still did), but we took advantage of the mini golf course.
I'm so glad that we were able to go on the cruise.  We had a really fun and relaxing time - just what we needed.

No comments: